Buying a Fully Furnished Home is not that common in WNY but around the country it is common. There may be reasons for it including: If you are a first time homebuyer nervous about adding the cost of furniture to your big move? Or perhaps you’re thinking of buying a vacation home, but don’t want the added expense of furnishing it? This is a popular choice with busy professionals who need to hit the ground running. Whatever the case may be, buying a home that comes fully furnished may be just what you need.
If you’re thinking about buying a fully furnished home, here are the pros and con to take into consideration:
Pros of buying a fully furnished home
Buying a furnished home:
- Can save you money, sometimes thousands of dollars, instead of buying brand new furniture.
- Is a great choice for first time buyers who may not have all they furniture they will need for the house.
- Popular choice for those buying a second home or vacation home and want a property that is move-in ready at closing.
- Is ideal for those who don’t like shopping for furniture.
- For those who are short on time, such as people who have demanding jobs or families with young children.
- Can make moving in easier and faster, which is perfect for those who need to relocate quickly.
- Save you the headache of packing up and moving all your belongings to a new location. Just pack up some suitcases with your clothes and personal belongings, and move right in!
Cons of buying a fully furnished home
Purchasing a home that comes with furniture:
- Means there are more details to attend to in the closing process. You will need to complete an exhaustive list of every item included in the deal, which will be part of the contract.
- Means you may need to get a separate loan for the furnishings.
- Might not be a great choice if you have very specific taste in furniture. You’ll want to make sure that the furnishings that are included in the house are to your liking.
- Can be a gamble, as you don’t know the history of the furniture. You will want to take the time to inspect every piece that comes with the house. Turn on all the lamps, look at all the couch cushions and make sure all the appliances are in good working order.
- May mean that you overpay for the furnishings you’re getting, if the seller is particularly emotionally attached to them.
- Could kill the deal if the buyer and seller cannot come to an agreement on what furnishings are worth.
- Means that you will need to put down a larger down payment, since the total cost of the home will include the price of the furniture.
Ultimately, the decision to buy a home that is fully furnished is a personal one. You will want to determine if the amount of money you will pay for the furnishings will actually save you time and money when you move in. Take time to fully assess what you are agreeing to. If the deal looks good and you like the idea of owning a turnkey home, it could be the perfect solution for you.
What About One Of These Homes?[idx-platinum-widget id=”2979-68580″ ]
All statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®.
For more information – call us at: (716) 688-4900
Thinking of selling your Western New York home? Find out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property by calling us at (716) 688-4900 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home.
Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site. They are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2018 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserve